Saturday, October 15, 2011

Veggies anyone??

Over the past month or so I have been building a vegie box. And yes I said Building. I sanded all the treated pine down so that I didn't get splinters or anything and so it was easier to paint (which I also did).I then screwed all the sides together and put tarp down at the bottom so that all the soil wasn't over the brick pavers outside. I was going to paint it black with bright colours swirled through it but decided that I would just stick to black. The painting was the part that took me the longest as I had to do one side at a time as I couldn't have it laid out properly as sasha would go and investigate and get paint all over herself. In the end she did investigate and decided she would sleep in it (wish I got a photo of that). Once it was all painted I placed it in the desired spot outside and left it for a couple of weeks because I needed to buy soil and vegies. Which I did thursday. I bought 5 big bags of soil and that only filled it half way, so had to wait until today till I could go and buy another 5 bags. Now it is all finished and all my vegies and fruit are planted :) Oh I also had to go out and buy a wooden play pen to put around it because Sasha decided it would be awesome to dig. Lucky she decided that when there was only half the soil in there and no vegies otherwise she would be in big trouble. 


My built Vegie Box (no soil).



Sasha Slinking away after I caught her digging.




Vegie Box Half filled.




Finished Vegie Box.



Finshed Vegie Box with playpen to stop Sasha's Mischievous escapades.


2 comments:

  1. Good on you Mandy! That looks awesome. Now you need to come make one for us ;D

    Love you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, what about the 'how to peel a raw egg' post?

    :P

    ReplyDelete