Sunday, May 2, 2010

THE house...

We start on thursday when I came to the house to meet with the agent. We went through all the details of what we need to keep in order and about damages, etc. We then went through the house and completed the condition report - I was also looking at the layout of the house. Ben was supposed to be there at 3 also but he was unable to get off work, so the agent faxed all the paperwork for him to sign and fax back. but he faxed back the same page twice Oops. So ben had to come down after he finished work to sign the paper's otherwise we wouldn't be able to get the keys. Everything worked out he came, signed looked at the house and we got the keys.


Saturday- Move in day.
I had to get a taxi at 7.45am just so I could be at the house before 8.30am so that I could let the removalist' (david and trent) in. I directed them around and had a good old conversation with Trent. They were both quite nice, and I enjoyed myself whilst they unpacked my stuff hehe. Once the removalist' were finished I started putting our stuff away, until I got a call form dha saying that we havent checked out of the hotel yet and if we didn't check out asap we would be charged for an extra night. (we had an email stating we weren't supposed to check out until 1/5/09). I called a taxi to take me back to the hotel. Ben rang and said it didnt matter coz it was 12 and checkout closed at 12 so we just stayed there an extra night, even though we were suposed to stay there that night anyway.

Sunday- Hotel Checkout day.
Being prepared I packed everything the night before, except our food. So we called a taxi and took our stuff down to the front of the hotel. Ben made a few trips to bring all our stuff down, which took up the whole boot and backseat (and floor) of the taxi. Ben then went to check out as I headed towards the house. At the house we unpacked the food and started to set up each room. First was the Lounge room (it took us a while to sort out how we wanted it haha.)

Lounge room.


We then moved onto putting the bed together, man that took a while because for some reason one side just wouldn't match up. But after much frustration from both parties the bed was finally together (Ben got it in the end). We then moved the bedside tables in place and put the suitcases and portarobe in the closet (out of the way temporarily).

Bedroom


Ben then decided he would sit and play wow (He deserved it, He worked hard). So while he was doing that I put all the kitchen utensils, crockery, etc away and I also set up the washing machine by myself (ben had to help with the hose, getting it out of the back of the machine :P). I also put all the cds, dvds and Wii stuff in the enertainment unit (also setting up the stereo, tv and dvd player).

Kitchen (dont look at the dirty frypan)



Dinning room


I then moved onto putting all my books on the bookshelf in the study, and looking what to do with some of the stuff that was layed out in the spare bedroom. But other than that we are pretty much all set.
Study (well until we get a desk)

The spare room (at the moment)

I cooked our first HOME cooked meal (Mash, peas, corn and Fish fingers haha). We had to makeshift placemats with folded up paper but it was a good first day and the night was great. I was able to go straight to sleep, no struggling to get to sleep tossing and turning. I woke up refreshed with a weird dream that I told mum on the phone. Which I had to end so that I could go get dressed, etc and go grocery shopping (only small). I came back put everything away and put on our first load of washing on in our new washing machine and vaccumed because the removalist put dirt everywhere. I cleaned our filthy glass entertainment unit, hung the washing out then put my feet up and watch a movie (I couldn't watch tv because we don't have an antenna cable yet :P).

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are settling in! So nice when everything is unpacked and organised. Love you. xxx

    ReplyDelete