Friday, May 28, 2010

Working Class Gal !!!

After waiting weeks for my bank statement to arrive, I finally went and did my Working with Children's Check and took it to Julie at the childcare centre. I then got a call from her to see if I could work on the 27th and 28th (May)... Of course I said yes. which then brings me to my first day of work.

Oh what a day it was too!! I was rostered on to be in the Kindy room from 8am - 4.30pm. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and helped me get used to the way things were in the centre. The children were so cute, even the 3 boys that continuously called me manja, panda, mandarin, and more. They also insistent that I was many of the children's mum (no matter how many times I told them I wasn't :P). I was also told numerous times that I had a baby in my tummy - I have no idea where they got that idea from but you couldn't help but laugh. Especially when one of them turns around and calls a tiny ball of playdough sexy. I then went into the toddler's room as they needed help as staff were going for lunch/home. This room was louder than the kindy room and one of the children came straight out, as I was clearing the table from afternoon tea, with "I don't like you. I don't like you. Your not my friend. I don't like you." I cleaned some floors and tables and had my lunch and stuff and came back into the room and he began talking to me, so I said to him "do you like me now?" he nodded so I went on with "Am I your friend?" he said yes. I then went on to do the home time nappy changes and he said to Liz (the other staff member in the room) "I don't like her, She's not my friend."
Kids they are so cute...
But overall A FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

And then was my second day... Not as humorous but just as fun.
I sang songs, played games, supervised and even cured a few children (from a case of sand in their eyes....lots) I was asked by one of the kindy boys "Are you a good person? I'm a good person." And even had an attachment of one of the kindy girls for majority of the day. Overall another great day, although I did come home with paint all over the bottom of my jumper.

I really like working in this centre! The staff are so nice and helpful. The children are adorable. And the centre overall is so inviting and comfortable. (Yes I know I will soon come to dislike having to wake up early, there for dislike work some days, but I don't see that happening any day soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment