Sunday, April 18, 2010

Welcome to Western Australia

So i had my first flight yesterday... went quite well but coming over WA there wasn't much of a view (all brown with black patches). There was many tears shed by my mum's before I left and if I had of stayed any longer with them I probably would have burst with tears... It was good having Leet, mum and jade over for dinner friday night for dinner and I love the prezzie's I got from Jonno and Leet. Such thought went into it hehe.

As I walked off the plane I had to try and unblock my ears because I forgot to get my chewy out of my bag so I had blocked ears and it took a while for them to go back to normal. This caused a little bit of a problem with the taxi driver though. I could barely hear him because I was temporarily deaf and he couldn't hear me quite well either coz he was deaf. But my ears cleared when I was about 10 minutes from the hotel and was able to hear my man's voice when I arrived.
The hotel is quite nice, it is like a little unit. We have a full fridge, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher and LCD tv with dvd player and stereo.... PLUS we get free net YAY!!!

Main bedroom in Hotel

Kitchen

Dining Area with part of the living area

Living area

After dropping my bags inside and finally getting to hug Benny we decided we would go down to the shopping centre in Rockingham. We were originally going to walk there and it would have only taken about 15mins but about 1min down from the hotel was a bus stop to the shops and would be there in 2 minutes so we took that bus and when we got there it was after 5 so everything was shut. So we decided we would do our first grocery shop and then go home and cook our very first home cooked meal.
we brought everything we thought we needed for the time being. but when we got home and decided to cook we realised we forgot some vital cooking materials. Like potatoes, oil, vegemite and eggs, but Benny is going to get some of that stuff today. For our first home cooked meal we made creamy bacon carbonara- it was ok for our first meal but we will definately improve in the future.

Today we woke up early had breakfast and then went down to the shopping centre again today, but it wasn't open until 10. So we went to Macca's for a hash brown, video EZY an then Auto Pro so benny could get some stuff to clean and polish his Mbike. We then came home and watched the movie 9 after which benny went back to base to study for a few hours.

It is quite different not having anyone else here, but we will get used to it and we will call them all soon.
I will upload photos of hotel soon when i get my cord for my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment